Monday 2 April 2012

Eight days and counting...

On April 10 I have an interview at Jewel & Esk College to get on to their HND in Health, Fitness and Exercise. That's one week tomorrow. It's been a long time since I had to prove myself in an interview situation and I'm pretty nervous, even though I know it's an opportunity to prove myself and get further towards my goal of being a personal trainer.

As well as having to bring with me any certificates of qualifications I have (I'll need to get my degree and post-grad diploma out of their frames and, more challlenging, search the house for my higher and o-grade certificates!), I'll need a pen (I can manage that, I think), "indoor practical kit" (that'll be gymwear, right?) and supply a referee, "either academic or work related which is current (i.e. no more than 6 months old)." I haven't studied for a decade, and as a self-employed person, I'll need to think creatively about the reference - I don't think they'd be too impressed if I went to my boss for one!

And if that wasn't arduous enough, "the interview will take the form of a group discussion and an individual interview." Not only difficult questions but interacting with other people!


Tomorrow is a four-mile run, which is well within my comfort zone, so I won't be too tired to be preoccupied with preparing for the interview! My biggest ally here will be Paul McKenna, the hypnotist. Earlier this year I prepared for a dance show using his hypnosis CD and book "Change Your Life in 7 Days", and it was an amazingly positive experience. It was doubtlessly the best performance I've done, and it was all down to fixing my head with Paul McKenna. I'm really looking forward to doing it again for this interview.


Better knuckle down!

No comments:

Post a Comment